Peri Peri Chicken Livers. African Peri-Peri sauce made with bird's eye chillies, garlic, vinegar and herbs is an intensely flavorful sauce. The first time I tasted peri peri chilli chicken livers was at Nandos at the Inorbit Mall, Mumbai a few years ago. Since I was not so fond of livers I ordered the spiced rice and the husband ordered the chicken livers in a thick spicy sauce accompanied by Portuguese bread.
Take the chicken livers out of the milk and salt lightly. Roll the livers in the flour until well coated and shake off excess flour. Add the chicken livers and stir-fry until they're slightly brown on the outside. You can cook Peri Peri Chicken Livers using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Peri Peri Chicken Livers
- Prepare 3 of onions, chopped.
- It’s 50 grams of tomato paste.
- You need 1 can (400 grams) of peeled and chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 1/2 kg of chicken livers.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 200 ml of full cream milk.
- It’s 250 ml of cream.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chicken spice.
- Prepare 30 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- You need 250 ml of Peri Peri sauce.
This is a spicy but succulent dish of chicken livers with a chilli and vinaigrette sauce. It contains brandy as the magic ingredient. It is great for a starter or main. Serve with toasted bread or with fresh bread rolls, and watch your guests mop up the gravy with the bread!
Peri Peri Chicken Livers instructions
- Lightly season chicken livers with chicken spice. Brown in pan over high heat, set aside.
- Brown onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Add tomato paste and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add 100 ml of milk and simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Add Peri Peri sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/363937-peri-peri-sauce.
- Then add the balance of the milk, cream, salt and pepper, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken livers and cook for 30 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Serve with Basmati rice.
We loved using Peppadew's classic Mild and Hot Piquanté Pepper relishes to create this peri-peri chicken livers with ciabatta toast recipe – choose your favourite relish, depending on your preference for spicy food. Rinse and drain the chicken livers. Heat the oil in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Sauté the onion in the oil. Add the cayenne pepper or peri-peri.