Matcha Mantou (Steamed Buns).
You can have Matcha Mantou (Steamed Buns) using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Matcha Mantou (Steamed Buns)
- Prepare 200 g of cake flour (or all purpose).
- You need 20 g of wheat starch (can replace with flour).
- Prepare 1 tbs of matcha.
- It’s 35 g of sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 140 g of warm milk or water (more or less depending on humidity).
- It’s 1 tsp of instant dry yeast (or active dry).
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder (optional).
Matcha Mantou (Steamed Buns) instructions
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (everything except milk) until well combined. If using active dry yeast, keep it separate..
- Warm milk in a small saucepan over medium heat, constantly stirring until mixture becomes lukewarm. The milk should not be hotter than 40 degrees celsius..
- Slowly pour in warm milk into dry ingredients, continuously stirring the misture until it forms a sticky dough. If using active dry yeast, let the yeast rest in the warm milk for about 5 minutes before pouring into the dry ingredients..
- Knead dough until it becomes smooth and does not stick to your hands (around 10-20 minutes). Leave it in the large bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel. Let the dough rest until it doubles in size (45-60 mins).
- After the dough doubles in size, punch out the air and knead for about 5 minutes. Cover and let it rest for an additional 30 minutes..
- Lightly dust your counter and dough with flour and roll it out into a large flat square/rectangle about 1/4 an inch thick. Swiss roll it up until it becomes a spiral log. Cut into 6-8 equal pieces. (You can also just roll the dough into a log and cut it into equal sized pieces :D).
- Lightly cover the dough pieces in plastic wrap and allow them to proof for around 20-30 minutes. (Important to get fluffy mantou!).
- Boil water in a steamer over high heat and steam the proofed mantou for 5 minutes (make sure to cover lid with a towel to prevent water from dripping onto your mantou!)..
- Turn off the heat and let the mantou sit in your steamer for 5 minutes, without lifting the lid (the mantou may shrink if you skip this step). And thats it! Your steamed matcha buns are ready~ These are best served warm. Cover with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container while still warm to preserve moisture..
- Notes: – Steamer temperatures may vary. If your mantou turns out a bit wrinkly, try steaming it over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. – I noticed that replacing the water with milk resulted in slightly lighter mantou, but did not have the mild milky taste – Add more matcha powder if you prefer a stronger matcha taste! You can also try adding two tablespoons of cocoa powder~ – The mantou will expand in the steamer so make sure they're not too close together c:.
Picking The Right Foods May Help You Stay Fit As Well As Healthy Many people do not realize that the foods you choose can either help you to be healthy or can adversely effect your health. Something that you should never eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will find at all of those fast food places. These kinds of foods are filled with bad fat and also have hardly any nutritional value. For this reason we are going to be going over the foods that you should be consuming that will have a good effect on your health. One of the primary types of foods you ought to be eating plenty of, is various berries. You will discover that most berries have substantial amounts of Vitamin C that you must realize is good for your body. Additionally, you will find that berries have antioxidants which is not only beneficial to your circulatory system but also for your basic health as well. Another thing you will notice that these antioxidants can help you with is actually keeping your cells healthy, this can help your system to fight off a number of diseases. While most of you have been told again and again that vegetables are good for you, and there is a pretty good reason why. Potassium is amongst the things that you will discover in various vegetables, and of course they also contain many different vitamins and minerals you will additionally need. One of the veggies which will supply you with the potassium you will need is broccoli. You will also find that a salad, made with spinach rather than lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients. Even though some of you like to have your snack foods, as opposed to reaching for the potato chips try grabbing some nuts. One of many health benefits of these types of nuts and seeds would be the Omega-3 and Omega-6 that can be present in them. These types of fatty acids are necessary to helping your body produce the proper quantities of hormones your body needs for a healthy lifestyle. A number of these hormones that are needed can only be created by having these fatty acids in your diet. Your main meals should also incorporate fish including salmon or perhaps lean proteins, as these will also be able to help your health. The reality that salmon is also packed with Omega-3 is just one of the reasons it is a good choice, but it also contains other essential nutrients you’ll need. Now when you choose to have a steak for dinner one thing you should remember is that 3 ounces will present you with all the protein you will require for the day. In order to minimize your fat intake you should cut off any noticeable fat before you cook the meats. Citrus fruit will be one of the best things that you can have for your desserts, rather than having a piece of cake or even ice cream. In addition to vitamin C, you will find that there are many other health benefits that you will find in these kinds of fruits. You may also want to mix a couple of things like orange sections, shredded coconut blended with a teaspoon of honey. If you decide that your overall health is important to you, you ought to take these suggestions to heart. Also if you cut out all the processed foods that you shouldn’t be eating anyway, you will probably find that you could end up living a longer life.