Pitta bread with Falafel and Hummus. Vahchef is very fond of cooking and her Recipes are very unique and fit for busy women specially working women. This is taste snack recipe prepared with aroma of that particular pita bread stuffed with falafel. In Arabic the word hummus is used to describe a dish or a dip made of ground chickpeas, tahini (sesame seed paste), lemon juice, and garlic, and often olive oil.
In Arabic the word hummus is. Seriously simple falafel and hummus pitta. Search triple tested recipes from the Good Housekeeping Cookery Team. You can cook Pitta bread with Falafel and Hummus using 17 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pitta bread with Falafel and Hummus
- You need of Falafel.
- You need 1 cup of cheakpeas/Kabuli chana.
- Prepare handful of coriander leaves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of maida / refined flour / plain flour.
- Prepare As needed of Oil for deep frying.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare of Hummus.
- It’s 120 gm of cheakpeas.
- You need 3 tbsp of sesame Seeds.
- It’s 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1-2 spoon of lemon juice.
Split the pitta bread in half and fill the pockets with the mixed salad. Tuck three to four falafel into each pitta, top with a little hummus sauce and serve with lemon wedges. Stuff wheat-free bread with falafels, hummus, red pepper and rocket leaves for a healthy and filling lunch. Spread the hummus on the inside of each pitta, then layer with the falafels, pepper and rocket.
Pitta bread with Falafel and Hummus step by step
- Firstly soak one cup of cheakpea with enough water overnight.
- Next day drain the water and Transfer to the bowl.
- Also add fistful coriander and 1/2 coriander powder, 1/2 cumin powder, 1/2 chilli powder, 1/2 pepper powder, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Additionally, add in 2 tbsp maida.
- Blend it coarsely in a food processor without adding any water..
- Add baking soda and mix it well.
- Now wet your hands and prepare small sized balls. If the dough is sticking then add a tbsp more of maida.
- Deep fry that balls in hot oil.
- Once the Falafel turns to golden brown, drain off on to the kitchen paper.
- Finally, falafel is ready to serve. Enjoy this with hummus and for more taste enjoy with pitta bread..
- So now for the hummus, rinse 120 gm cheakpea in water first and then soak with enough water overnight..
- After the soaking cheakpeas will double in size and volume..
- Next day, rinse the cheakpeas with water first a couple of times.
- Drain all water and add cheakpeas in pressure cooker then add 1/2 tsp salt and pinch of baking soda..
- Add 1.5 cups of water and keep the pressure cooker on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes..
- When the pressure settled down on it's own in the cooker, remove the lid and check the cheakpeas.
- Mash them with spoon or with your fingers. You should mash them completely. They should have no rawness in them.
- Now heat a small pan and keep the flame low. Add sesame seeds in that pan..
- On a low flame stiring often roast sesame seeds.
- Roast till they become crisp..
- Now main part of making hummus. In mixer grinder take the roasted sesame seeds.
- Powder it to semi fine texture..
- Add 1 or 2 spoon of lemon juice it will give you more tangy taste..
- Add 4 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil and little bit salt as we have already boiled the cheakpeas with salt..
- Blend it in fine consistency. Now add cooked cheakpeas into that mixture..
- Grind it till smooth and light..
- Hummus is ready.
- Pitta bread you can buy readymade.
Hummus served with pita bread. lavash or pita bread. two falafel on the wooden plate. Arabian dish fried balls of chickpeas or hummus. spicy dish. More stock photos from Margouillat's portfolio. Falafel Hummus Pita makes a fun meal for children who can choose additional fillings such as lettuce, shredded cabbage and chilli sauce. Common across the Middle East, falafel are fried balls made from ground chickpeas, traditionally served in pita bread or.
Choosing The Right Foods Will Help You Stay Fit And Also Healthy When it comes to the foods that you eat, you will find that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. You should also comprehend that there are foods that you will need to avoid at all costs and that would be most food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These sorts of foods are packed with bad fat and also have hardly any nutritional value. You will be happy to know that we are going to let you know a few of the foods that you should be consuming every day. Your health can be greatly improved by simply eating plenty of berries. The volume of vitamin C that can be obtained in berries, is one of the principal reasons you ought to be eating berries. You will additionally find that berries have antioxidants which is not merely beneficial to your circulatory system but also for your basic health as well. Another thing you will recognize that these antioxidants can help you with will be keeping your cells healthy, this can help your body to fight off many different diseases. You have to remember your parents telling you to actually eat your vegetables, that is mainly because this is really important for a healthy and balanced body. You may already realize that the majority of of the vitamins you need each day can be found in various vegetables, but you will also be able to find essential potassium in vegetables as well. One of the veggies which will provide the potassium you will need is broccoli. Spinach is additionally something that you may wish to start eating more of as it contains a lot more vitamins and minerals compared to other vegetables. Nuts as well as different seeds will be a much better option when you are looking for a quick snack to enjoy. One of many health benefits of these nuts and seeds would be the Omega-3 and Omega-6 that can be found in them. Your body will use these kinds of fatty acids as a foundation for creating hormones that your body demands to stay healthy. A number of these hormones that are needed are only able to be made by having these fatty acids in your diet. Your main meals should also incorporate fish such as salmon or lean proteins, as these will also be able to help your health. You will see that salmon is additionally abundant with Omega-3 and various other nutrients. Protein is vital for your diet, however you don’t need to eat a large amount, as a 3 ounces is all you truly need. It’s also advisable to trim off any extra fat that you find on the particular meats that you’re planning to eat. Furthermore when it comes to having a dessert after your meals you should think a
bout having various citrus fruits. Citrus fruits also supply you with vitamin C, along with other vitamins as well as minerals that can help keep you healthy. One thing you might want to try for one of your desserts is actually to mix coconut with orange sections and top the mixture off with a teaspoon of honey. Following a few of the suggestions above you will find that you will end up living a healthier life. Also if you remove all the refined food that you should not be eating anyway, you will probably find that you could end up living a longer life.