Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce. Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce This is a dish that's definitely more about the spicy broth. Make a qt ofshellfish stock by placing unwashed shrimp shells in a pot. The specialties ranged from red snapper to shrimp creole to authentic pizza and Chinese cuisine.
Note that this dish has kick—if you're not a fan. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available nutrient data. You can have Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce using 35 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce
- It’s of Creole Shrimp – Sausage – Bayou Swamp Sauce & Supplies.
- You need of FOR THE SHRIMP BRINE 3 lb Frozen EX Large Raw Gulf Shrimp [shell in – de-veined – rinsed].
- It’s 4 tbs of Kosher Salt & 3 tbs Granulated Sugar [for the shrimp brine].
- It’s of FOR THE BAYOU SWAMP SAUCE 1 large Lemon [cut in half – reserve half for shrimp boil].
- Prepare 3 stick of [4 oz] Quality UNSALTED Butter [like Tillamook].
- Prepare 1 lb of Pre-Cooked Smoked Andouille [sliced at angle].
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Red Tabasco [+ extra to taste].
- It’s 1/2 cup of Seafood Broth.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Jarred Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Each: Creole Seasoning – Cayenne Pepper – Old Bay Seasoning – Paprika – Red Pepper Flakes – Black Pepper – Onion Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- You need 1 of Medium White Onion [chopped].
- It’s 3 of large Stalks Celery [with leaves – chopped].
- You need 1/4 cup of Chives [chopped].
- It’s 1 of Medium Green Bell Pepper [chopped].
- It’s 1 (12 oz) of Bottle Red Tabasco Or Louisiana Hot Sauce [for serving].
- You need 1/2 cup of Chopped Fresh Parsley & Chives [for plate garnish].
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of Lemon Pepper.
- It’s of FOR THE KITCHEN EQUIPMENT 1 large Pan With Lid 1 Large Pot With Lid.
- Prepare 1 of large Plastic Bowl [for brining shrimp].
- You need 1 of large Strainer.
- It’s of Bread.
- You need of FOR THE SOPPING BREAD 2 extra large soft Loaf Artisanal Or French Bread [3" thick sliced].
- It’s of Garlic Butter Mixture.
- You need of FOR THE GARLIC BUTTER SPREAD 2 sticks (4 oz) Unsalted Tillamook Real Butter [room temp].
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Puréed Garlic.
- You need 1 dash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Each: Dried Parsley & Dried Chives.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Each: Italian Seasoning & Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Creole Seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Lemon Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Granulated Garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Paprika [sprinkle optional].
DIRECTIONS In a large skillet, Saute onion, celery and garlic in the shortening until tender. Add stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, sugar, worcestshire sauce and chili powder. Shrimp Creole is another favorite Cajun/Creole dish. Traditionally, Shrimp Creole is a Creole recipe from New Orleans.
Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce instructions
- Chef's Note: Other than the brining process, do not add any additional salt to this dish. The Lemon Pepper, Hot Sauce, Creole and Old Bay Seasonings will each have plenty of sodium within them..
- For shrimp brine.
- Add 1 cup hot water, 4 tbs kosher salt and 3 tbs granulated sugar to a plastic bowl. Mix well until completely dissolved..
- Place uncooked, frozen shrimp in bowl and add 4 cups of ice to it. Brine should be at 36° – 40° to be effective. Also, add just enough cold water to totally cover shrimp. Your shrimp are now dethawing and brining in this mixture. This method will plump your shrimp and lend that delectable fresh snap to them we all crave. Allow shrimp to brine for 2 hours..
- Following brine – preheat oven to 350°.
- For vegetables, spices and bayou swamp sauce.
- Fine chop bell pepper, celery with leaves, garlic, white onions, chives, parsley and juice half lemon. Also, slice pre-cooked Andouille Sausage into bite sized pieces at a slant or angle..
- In a large pan with tight fitting lid, place all other ingredients [except for shrimp, garnishments other lemon half] and simmer 1/2 hour stirring regularly..
- In the last 15 minutes of Step #8, bring your 2nd pot with water and 1/2 squeezed lemon to a very rapid boil. Leave lemon half in pot. Add shrimp for 3 minutes. Drain shrimp in strainer immediately and quickly run cold water over shrimp to halt the cooking process..
- Quickly peel shrimp and add to simmering Bayou Swamp Sauce. Let simmer on low for 2 minutes. Your shrimp will absorb the Creole seasonings as they tighten up. Stir occasionally..
- Serve with sides of Tabasco Or Louisiana Hot Sauce and garnish plate with fresh chopped Parsley and Chives..
- Chef's Note: Make certain you stir this dish well before serving each bowl. If not, all solid ingredients will sink to the bottom of the sauce pan once motion has stopped. At that point, all the oil from the butter will rise to the top..
- For your garlic spread.
- Evenly slice French Bread into 3" thick slices..
- Mix all ingredients in the Garlic Butter Seasoning category together very well. Slightly heat in microwave if need be..
- Place bread on cookie sheet butter side down. Lightly sprinkle bread slices with Paprika for both color and spice if desired..
- Bake 15 minutes at 350° or, until they're crispy and golden brown. Be careful to not over bake..
Shrimp Creole only differs slightly from Shrimp Etouffee in that tomato sauce is added to the Roux and great big jumbo Gulf of Mexico shrimp of course. First, Shrimp Creole, or as it was once known, Shrimp a la Creole, is a New Orleans dish. Shrimp Sauce Piquant is Acadian, much spicier (hence the name) and usually, but not always containing a roux. Creole cooking has all the basics of the cajun style of cooking with the Holy Trinity of green pepper, onion and celery. Creole adds in tomatoes to the Holy Trinity.
Your Health Can Be Affected By The Foods You Decide To Consume When it comes to the foods that you eat, you will recognize that your overall health can be effected either positively or even negatively. Something that you shouldn’t eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will find at all of those take out places. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are usually foods that are very unhealthy, loaded with fat and typically have little to no nutrition. In this post we shall be going over foods that you need to be eating that can help you stay healthy and balanced. Your overall health can be greatly enhanced by simply eating plenty of berries. You will realize that most berries have huge amounts of Vitamin C that you must realize is good fo
r your body. Another thing you will recognize is that the antioxidants in berries is actually higher than just about any other food that you may pick to eat and this can aid with your circulatory system. Another thing you will see that these antioxidants can help you with is actually keeping your cells healthy, this can help your body to fight off a variety of diseases. Although most of you have been told again and again that vegetables are good for you, and there is a very good reason why. Along with possessing a number of vitamins and minerals, you will additionally find that some vegetables also provide potassium. For instance, broccoli has plenty of potassium to present you with your daily recommended allowances. You will in addition discover that a salad, made with spinach instead of lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients. Nuts as well as various seeds will certainly be a much better option when you are looking for a quick snack to enjoy. You will come to find that these snack items tend to be loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts and seeds will have a lot more than others. These kinds of fatty acids are necessary to helping your body produce the proper amounts of hormones your body needs for a healthy way of life. If you don’t get the fatty acids you need your body will actually not be able to create a number of of the hormones that it needs. When it comes to sitting down to dinner you should additionally think about lean proteins and also fish such as salmon. The great thing about salmon is that along with other nutrients it is also loaded with Omega-3. Now when you choose to have a steak for supper one thing you should remember is that 3 ounces will present you with all the protein you will need for the day. In order to reduce your fat intake you ought to cut off any visible fat before you prepare the meats. Additionally when it comes to having a dessert after your meals you should consider having various citrus fruits. Citrus fruits in addition present you with vitamin C, along with other vitamins and also minerals that can certainly help keep you healthy. One desert that I have always enjoyed is orange pieces blended together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a light honey dressing. For those who want to begin living a more healthy life the tips above can help you do that. Something that you ought to actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can buy in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.